- Challenge yourself in an exciting role that will influence the future of ADCO Constructions.
- Develop and manage the internal and external communication strategies across the whole business, nationally.
- Preferred location for this role is Sydney, but other ADCO offices in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Melbourne would be considered.
We are looking for an experienced Communications Manager to join the executive team at ADCO Constructions. The position reports to the CEO; will provide communications counsel and expertise to senior executives; and will touch every part of the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering effective internal communications and increasing employee engagement and awareness of ADCO’s achievements and activities at all levels of the business.
- Creating and procuring engaging content across a variety of internal channels (eg, Yammer, intranet, e-newsletters and video).
- Developing content and presentations for internal stakeholder meetings and workshops.
- Undertaking stakeholder activities that support change management.
- Strategically increasing ADCO’s profile across industry stakeholders, prospective clients and the wider community.
- Managing social media activities.
- Managing website content.
- Assisting with the development of client-facing communications collateral.
- Managing media enquiries.
- Advising on issues and risk-based communications, including, from time-to-time, drawing on advice from external consultants.
What you’ll bring to the role
- A minimum of 10 years communications experience.
- Tertiary-degree qualified or equivalent, preferably in a Communications-related discipline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong creativity and ability to develop effective communications that engage employees.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly-motivated with a strong, proactive attitude.
- Can work autonomously and problem solve whilst also contributing to the team.
- Experience in the construction industry is not necessary but would be an advantage.
ADCO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer who proactively supports diversity in our workplace. We seek to enhance the participation of women in the construction industry and work hard to identify, recruit and retain high calibre female candidates in construction-orientated roles. This approach is proactively supported across all levels of our business and sustained through key initiatives such as our annual Woman in ADCO forum.
Our open and inclusive culture encourages staff to grow with the organisation. We place a high priority on the retention and development of our people.
ADCO recognises that people work to live – not live to work. The construction industry is intense and delivers its own challenges and rewards, but we try to do all we can to help our staff by listening to their needs and supporting their wellbeing through flexible working arrangements to accommodate family needs, company-subsidised health and fitness programs and staff recreation days.
This role offers an attractive salary package.
ADCO is a leading national construction company, with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Townsville and Perth. Established in 1972, ADCO now has over 500 employees; annual revenues in excess of $1 billion; and is rated as one of Australia’s top 50 private companies.
ADCO aspires to be the builder of choice for our clients, for employees and for subcontractors.
ADCO’s continued success is founded on our blue-chip client base, comprising Federal, State and Local Government Agencies as well as key private and institutional corporates.
How to apply
Please email a letter of application and your CV to Chris O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please contact Chris on 0439 795 206.