Join our team across a range of different new build commercial projects with a leading industry professional and a forward thinking national business.
The ADCO story began back in 1972. In the years since, we’ve grown to be a multibillion-dollar construction business, guided by an unwavering commitment to quality, our clients, and our people. These foundations have seen us become one of the top private companies in Australia with a blue-chip client list and an award-winning portfolio of almost 4,000 successfully completed buildings from early work packages to $300+ million projects.
A career at ADCO provides a sense of belonging, ownership and opportunity, where talent is cultivated and achievements are celebrated. We are a passionate team of people who build.
We understand the deep value of work-life balance and support the physical and emotional wellbeing of our team members through a wide range of initiatives. These include flexible working arrangements that accommodate family needs, company subsidised health and fitness programs, access to our employee assistance program and regular staff recreation days. We also listen closely to our people as Australian workplace attitudes continue to shift and evolve.
Putting our people first has shaped our success for more than five decades. We continue to invest heavily in identifying talent, supporting skills development, incentivising performance and rewarding high achievement. Our extensive national training programs ensure our people are always across the latest construction and management best practices.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Design Manager, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of construction projects from inception to completion. You will be heavily involved from the front end, liaising with the client, the design team and all relevant stakeholders.
- Proactively drive company safety policies, practices and procedures in compliance with OH&S legislative requirements to provide a safe workplace at all times
- Ensure compliance with the Company Quality, Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- Review the tender documents and develop the Design Consultants’ Scopes of Work
- Establish the applicable authority requirements, identify design and cost advantages/value management initiatives
- Establish the design and construction methodology and programme, the preparation of the tender submission and return brief and participate in post-tender interviews
- Manage the design team and the emerging documentation working closely with the construction team to ensure that the emerging documentation meets the required cost budgets and
- programme for construction works
- Participate in the selection of any design and construct subcontractors and manage all authority approvals
- Progressively monitor the production of workshop drawings and coordination with other trade documents and manage design change requirements
- Degree in a relevant discipline together with solid experience in Design Management
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the external and internal business environment
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning, listening and decision making skills
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills through development of productive relationships with colleagues and team members
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a high pressure environment
- Proven high level of professionalism
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems