Design Managers & Design Coordinators
- Join a business leading the way in construction quality and diversity
- National Business in rapid growth
- Top tier quality with flat structure and great career paths
ADCO is a leading Australian construction company with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Perth. Established in 1972, ADCO sees annual revenues approaching $1 billion and employees over 500 employees. ADCO is rated one of Australia’s top 100 private companies.
ADCO aspires to be the Builder of Choice for our clients, our employees and our subcontractors.
Our open and inclusive culture encourages staff to grow with the organisation. We place a high priority on the retention and development of our people.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who proactively supports diversity in our workplace.
ABOUT THE ROLE
These roles are based in our Queensland office, located in Milton. Start date is ASAP, and while we will consider applicants willing to relocate, preferably the applicant is already located within southeast Queensland.
The successful candidate will be predominantly pre-construction based, reporting to the Pre-construction Manager, then transitioning onto projects reporting to the Project Manager. The roles will see successful candidate achieve the coordinated and successful management of design processes on one or more tender projects, to achieve work winning targets. Other outcomes will see the successful candidate:
- Support project teams with the successful management of design processes through the conversion and delivery of projects
- Identify, assess and communicate risks in design, consulting with expertise where necessary, and while identifying risks, assessing and delivery opportunities in design and value engineering
- Ensure the organised and accurate compilation, management and distribution of relevant design information
- Assess and recommend design consultants
- Review documents to ensure compliance with relevant plans and contractual requirements, also ensuring that accurate records and registers of relevant operations are maintained
- Foster positive relationships with client, design and trade partners along with other third parties
- Identify and clarify inaccuracies and ambiguities, and proactively resolve coordination issues
- Review and contribute to the documents and plans that govern the project delivery
- Coordinate and communicate with the extended project team to achieve project goal
- Ensure all undertakings are executed in accordance with The ADCO Way
To be a successful candidate in this role, you will ideally have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrable experience in delivering successful construction projects in a similar role
- Literacy in Microsoft Office suite, ASTA Power Project, Aconex and Jobpac or similar project administration software
- Analysis and problem-solving skills to respond appropriately to a range of project requirements
- Strong capabilities in organisation, communication and time management
- Valid drivers’ licence
If you would like to submit your expression of interest in career opportunities at ADCO, please email the relevant State Office: email@example.com.