- Join a business leading the way in construction quality and diversity
- National Business in rapid growth
- Top tier quality with flat structure and great career paths
ADCO is a leading Australian construction company with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Perth. Established in 1972, ADCO sees annual revenues approaching $1 billion and employees over 500 employees. ADCO is rated one of Australia’s top 100 private companies.
ADCO aspires to be the Builder of Choice for our clients, our employees and our subcontractors.
Our open and inclusive culture encourages staff to grow with the organisation. We place a high priority on the retention and development of our people.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who proactively supports diversity in our workplace. In addition to being major contributors to NAWIC, the Queensland Business is currently 20% female and striving for a goal of 25%. Flexibility is on offer to attract high quality female candidates.
These roles are based out of our Queensland Brisbane office located in Milton. Projects are generally located in South East Queensland. We are open to applicants willing to relocate, but preferably the applicant is already located in the local area.
The successful candidate will report to the Project Manager and be responsible for successfully achieving HSE standards and targets. You will perform your role and deliver in accordance with The ADCO Way.
General tasks will require you to:
- Provide input into the HSE plans and ensure these are in line with project, business and legislative requirements.
- Undertake HSE inspections and assessments. Report, document, and identify actions as necessary, and ensure they are implemented.
- Coordinate with the Site Manager and Project Manager in ensuring all project undertakings are in line with the project HSE plans.
- Review subcontractor documentation for compliance with the project plans.
- Manage site works and subcontractor activities throughout the duration of the project to ensure defect-free handover.
- Coordinate and communicate with the extended project team to achieve project goals.
To be a successful candidate in this role, you will ideally have:
- Hold minimum of Diploma of Health & Safety Management
- Current first aid qualifications
- Demonstrable experience in delivering successful construction projects in a similar role.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislative and best practice HSE policies; good knowledge of the NCC and Australian Standards; contract terms and conditions; industrial relations.
- Literacy in Microsoft Office suite
- Analysis and problem-solving skills to respond appropriately to a range of project requirements
- The ability to communicate clearly with others while working autonomously
- A valid driver’s license.
If you would like to submit your expression of interest in career opportunities at ADCO, please email the relevant State Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.