Senior Site Manager/Site Manager
- Join a business leading the way in construction quality and diversity
- National Business in rapid growth
- Top tier quality with flat structure and great career paths
ADCO is a leading Australian construction company with offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Perth. Established in 1972, ADCO sees annual revenues approaching $1 billion and employees over 500 employees. ADCO is rated one of Australia’s top 100 private companies.
ADCO aspires to be the Builder of Choice for our clients, our employees and our subcontractors.
Our open and inclusive culture encourages staff to grow with the organisation. We place a high priority on the retention and development of our people.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who proactively supports diversity in our workplace. In addition to being major contributors to NAWIC, the Queensland Business is currently 20% female and striving for a goal of 25%. Flexibility is on offer to attract high quality female candidates.
ABOUT THE ROLE
These roles are based in our Queensland office, located in Milton. Projects are generally located in South East Queensland. We are open to applicants willing to relocate, but preferably the applicant is already located in the local area.
The successful candidate will report to the Project Manager and be responsible for the safe, coordinated and successful delivery of project site works, to achieve project targets, in accordance with The ADCO Way.
Key accountabilities will include:
Plan & Resources
- Review and understand the documents and plans that govern the project delivery.
- Ensure that subcontractor management plans comply with project requirements for safety, quality, methodology, resourcing.
- Manage site works throughout the duration of the project to ensure defect-free handover.
- Facilitate the site set up and maintenance, in line with the project plans.
- Facilitate the coordination of the day-to-day site activities to ensure all site undertakings are in line with the project plans.
Review, Record and Report
- Contribute information and knowledge into the compilation of project documents and ensure that accurate records and registers of site operations are maintained.
- Identify project risks, manage and mitigate.
- Coordinate and communicate with the extended project team to achieve project goals.
- Foster a positive and respectful site working environment between all parties.
Support the Business
- Identify trends, contribute to lessons learnt and continuous improvement of the business.
- Contribute to tenders as required.
- Support and develop junior staff in the business.
- Lead and support the project team to ensure a positive working environment across the project.
To be a successful candidate in this role, you will ideally have:
- Demonstrable experience in delivering successful construction projects in a similar role.
- Knowledge and understanding of legislative and best practice HSE policies; quality management good practice and how this relates to project delivery; the principles of project planning, including critical path, key dates, target and
- Contractual programmes; good knowledge of the NCC and Australian Standards; contract terms and conditions; industrial relations.
- Literacy in Microsoft Office suite
- Analysis and problem-solving skills to respond appropriately to a range of project requirements
- The ability to communicate clearly with others while working autonomously
- A valid driver’s licence.
If you would like to submit your expression of interest in career opportunities at ADCO, please email the relevant State Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.